W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you're not a U.S. taxpayer and that we are not required to withhold taxes from your earnings.
For record-keeping purposes, We require a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid by us. .
It is important to note that if you complete the W-8BEN certification, we do NOT:
- Withhold any taxes from your earnings
- Use the Form W-8BEN to report your income to anyone
- Ask for any taxpayer identification numbers on Form W-8BEN
- Require you to fill out a paper form
- Determine, or in any way affect, whether you owe taxes in your own country.
Please consult a local tax professional to determine whether your freelancer earnings are taxable. U.S. persons are required to file a Form W-9.
Article is closed for comments.